Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Bed Rest

Friday, July 31, 2009
That's right, I'm on it. Thank goodness it is only modified bed rest, which means I literally do not have to lay horizontally all the time!

I am still allowed to work from home, and even drive in to work for about an hour a couple time a week. I can also move around but cannot excercise, walk, walk the dogs, go shopping, lift heavy things, etc. This just started yesterday but has allready been a huge challenge for me. First reason is that I do not do well with people telling me things that I cannot do. Of course when this happens the only thing I do want to do is that which was previously denied! Second reason is that even when I do take a day off, I never just sit at home. That is why I am so glad I was able to get the green light from my boss to work from home. There is nothing I love more than a good mental stimulation!

Anyways, the dogs are sure to love it as their kennel time just went from around 10 hours during the day to zero! They probably won't know what to do with themselves!

At the doctor's appointment where I learned that I was being put on bedrest, my blood pressure was still good (122/70) but my protein levels were at 2+ which is the highest they have tested at. This means that more protein is beginning to leak out of my kidneys and can also mean that my mild preeclampsia may be upgrading to full preeclampsia (hope not). Because of the preeclampsia diagnosis my doctor does not think that I will carry the baby full term. Depending on my body and the baby she predicted that we would try to deliver either next Thursday or the one after that. This means that I would have to be induced into labor, which is not what I want, but will be the best thing for both the baby and myself.

We were going to head to John's friend Mike's cabin with a huge group of people that was sure to be a blast, but John put the kibosh on that as soon as I got pregnant. I wasn't on board and still wanted to go, but after the appointment yesterday I am starting to come around on his reasoning. : ) I just know that they are all going to have a blast! Oh well, that just means that next year will be that much more fun for us!

I guess it is a good thing that we have everything ready for the baby, since she seems to be coming sooner than planned!

1 comments to Bed Rest:

Ronell said...

Oh my goodness... it will be nice when everything starts moving for you. It never gets easier when you have a little baby because you are constantly worrying, but at least you don't have to feel like it's your soul responsibility because it's your body that is protecting her. Good luck with everything. I hope you text me or something when you have Kate! I wanna come and see her! Good luck with everything and if you need any company while you are on bedrest, call me! 612.226.6841

Post a Comment