Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Week 21

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
This week our baby girl has grown to about the size of an average banana, 10.5 inches from crown to rump.

So the answer to the age old question of "Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" is yep it sure is a banana!


While the baby is in my belly she is gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid (yum). This increases her hydration, nutrition, and helps to practice for future swallowing and digestion. I guess that what I eat changes the composition of the amniotic fluid, and since the baby's tastebuds actually work at this point, studies have found that babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through the amniotic fluid.


I hope this means it will still be okay to eat onions, garlic, mushrooms, olives, banana peppers and jalapenos while breastfeeding. Imagine how boring my food would be without those ingredients!

2 comments to Week 21:

Kristen said...

Well apparently mom didn't eat all of those types of things when she was preggers with me...it's her fault I am such a picky eater :)
ALSO we need a baby belly photo. I haven't seen it in a while

Kristen said...

I was just looking and we haven't have a baby belly picture since week 15....

Post a Comment