Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Salads

Monday, April 13, 2009
Ever since I have gotten pregnant I have been a fruit addict, yes admittance is definitely the first step. : )

Anyways, we had Easter dinner at my aunt and uncle's on Sunday and I tried a new salad recipe out on my unsuspecting family. It was a huge hit! Not to sound crazy, especially since it wasn't my recipe, I couldn't get enough of it!

So in case anyone wants to try this amazing, total scrumptious salad, here's the recipe (courtesy of allrecipes.com).

Roquefort Pear Salad

INGREDIENTS
1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
3 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (Gorgonzola works great too and is cheaper)
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup pecans
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.



Enjoy!

1 comments to Salads:

Kristen said...

I think I have had that at a bridal shower for one of jeramie's cousins! It sounds the same...I remember thinking, "why are there pears in my salad?" :) It was out of a pamperd chef book. It was GOOD and I also remember thinking it was strange that I liked it from the mustard dressing since I don't like mustard by itself. ANYHOW good salad. I'd eat it :)

Post a Comment