Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Making Peace With It

Monday, December 14, 2009
Since Kate was born she has been drinking breast milk. The amount that she drinks has differed greatly over her first four months. We have needed to feed her both formula and breast milk since birth.

Unfortunately I have never been able to produce the amount of breast milk that Kate is hungry for or needs. This has been a constant challenge for me over the last four months that has caused me both aggravation and increased emotions.

It has gotten to the point now where I can only express up to 12 ounces each day, when Kate is eating between 36 and 40.

I have tried the herbs and teas, increased water, etc.

Finally, today I have gotten to the point where I need to make a decision.

Is it worth the extra grief that I put myself through? She has technically been on breast milk now for four months, which is really good.

At this point I have finally made peace with the idea of feeding her only formula for milk. She doesn't seem to notice one bit between the two, and is happy either way.

I guess this means I better dust off my old gym card...since those extra calories I was burning will be burnt no more!

0 comments to Making Peace With It:

Post a Comment