Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Busy Weekend

Monday, June 29, 2009
John and I had a blast this weekend hanging out with his nephews Cole and Alex. Like we guessed, by Sunday we were both completely exhausted! Here's a rundown of all the fun things we did:

We picked the boys up at about 1:30 and headed to Target/Walmart to get tie-dye supplies. Then we went back to the house and set up a huge tie-dye studio in the garage. The boys had a great time dyeing t-shirts for them and onesies for baby Kate.
Next it was dinner time, and it was way too hot to cook inside so we all went over to the Blue Heron in Hugo for dinner.
After dinner we went back to the house, put the leashes on the dogs and walked to the playground next to the local elementary school. After all that playing any energy that the kids/dogs/I had left was long gone, so John ran back to the house and brought the car back to chauffeur us home.
To make sure the dogs didn't get heat stroke we decided to hose them down when we got home, while John was doing that Cole, Alex and I followed the water running down the street all the way to the drain (it is amazing what interests those kids sometimes).
Then it was bed-time, but not before the boys both figured out they fit through the cat-sized door in the gate we have at the top of the stairs (again, it's amazing what keeps them occupied)!

Cole, Alex, and I woke up at 6am and rinsed out the tie-dyed items to put in the wash. Then at 7am I told them to go and wake up Uncle John.
Next was a breakfast of pancakes and chocolate milk, and then we got ready to go to the race.
After packing everything in the car we made a pit-stop at the gas station to fill up and grab some gummy worms for energy.
We got to Minneapolis just in time to register for the race and get the boys to the starting line. They had a blast and even got their picture taken with some Vikings cheerleaders (their dad loved that one).
We then drove over to the Mill City Farmer's Market to grab some goodies, including some chocolate chip cookies for the boys.
Then it was back towards home but not before a quick stop at McDonald's for lunch and play time in the PlayPlace.
After lunch we went out to the Big Marine Reserve Park to play at their huge playground. It started to rain so we ran back to the car and drove over to the local farm that sells milk in our grocery store. The boys thought it was pretty cool to be at a farm, and got some cool activity packs to take home.
Finally, after going home and giving uncle John a chance to take another shower, we all took off to meet their mom and dad at John's parents' house.

I'm pretty sure that they had as much fun as we did...I will be posting some pictures soon!

1 comments to Busy Weekend:

Kristen said...

Sounds busy! I am surprised you had the energy to talk on the phone yesterday! :) BTW - I think I have the names on Deb's list, but I need to know who to copy :) Email me just the names and I will let you know if I need addresses!!

Post a Comment