Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Oh What A Night

Friday, November 13, 2009
Whooeee, what a night we had last night!

Little miss Kate did not sleep very well at all. Thank goodness this is an unusual happening instead of the norm!

She went down at 9:30 and proceeded to wake up twice with John and twice with me, until she woke up for the fifth time at 1:30 in the morning with me again.

We tried changing her diaper, giving her the nuk, cuddling her, turning on her rain forest music machine, feeding her, etc. But no matter what as soon as we sat down with her or laid her down, she went crazy. Go figure that we ran out of batteries in the swing the day before and had not replenished yet (this is usually her favorite thing). The bouncy chair was just not going to work as a substitute.

Finally, I started singing to her...much to my surprise this worked! I started with some Raffi classics, then moved onto some nursery rhymes, finally in my sleep deprived state of mind I had no clue of what else to sing.

And of course as soon as I stopped she would start to whimper again.

Then I had a great idea (given to me by Kool 108) to start singing Christmas songs. After one round of "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and "Silent Night", she was down for the count.

So the other day when I shook me head as Kool 108 was playing some Christmas music (way to early in the year) I didn't realize that it would come in handy!

0 comments to Oh What A Night:

Post a Comment