Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Finding Out the Sex of the Baby

Tuesday, March 3, 2009
One of the most common questions that people have been asking me lately is if we are going to find out the sex of the baby beforehand. Well if anyone knows me, they know that I am horrible with surprises and I think that bad habit may be rubbing off on my husband the longer that we are together! (We always do gifts before the holidays or birthdays even happen.)

I am also a planner, but John is not. This gives me free reign to plan whatever I see that I feel needs planning, and then he decides later whether or not to follow the plan. : ) It is a system we have figured out that seems to work well for us!



Anyways I have put together some pros and cons about finding out the sex and not finding out the sex:



Benefits of finding out:


  • You are supposed to feel a deeper bond when you know the sex and can mentally picture a little boy or girl.

  • You can prepare an older sibling for the arrival of a new little brother or sister (not an issue for us).

  • You can narrow down your list of baby names.

  • You can pick out a gender-specific nursery theme or baby clothes, if you want to (the amount of unisex clothes out there is = not a lot).

Benefits of waiting:



  • John and I will have a surprise on the day I give birth (again, not a huge fan of surprises).

  • The desire to know whether the baby is a boy or girl might motivate you during the toughest parts of labor.

  • There will be no mistakes - what you see is what you get!

At the end of all of this I think that we will be just as surprised and excited at 5 months finding out the sex as we would at the birth of the baby.



We are definately finding out, and cannot wait!

0 comments to Finding Out the Sex of the Baby:

Post a Comment