Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A Letter

Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Dear Black Audi Driver,

I want to begin by apologizing for not driving as close as possible to the car's bumper in front of me on the way home, Monday night. On second thought, this may have caused a prime opportunity for you, which of course you realized as you whipped over to the right lane skipped ahead of me and squeezed yourself back over. If my caution awarded you a quicker trip home, as you were obviously in a hurry, I will have to say you are welcome.

When we reached 694 I thought that I was going to lose you as you quickly moved over to the lane on the right of us. I was afraid that I had lost my drive home entertainment.

Alas, I was pleasantly surprised, as I am sure you were not, when instead of changing lanes and taking the exit, you came careening back into the left lane in front of me again. It must be so frustrating to have to change lanes so many times, by the way it was five, only to find that you are not able to get ahead of the other "slow/cautious" cars like you wanted to. I just want to let you know that there is someone out there who understands.

I noticed as the drive progressed up the highway that your hand waving must have been aimed at the car in front of you or maybe even on the side. It seemed to me that neither of those drivers understood the hand signaling language you were using to purvey messages through your vehicle and into theirs. Or if they did, they chose to just ignore it.

This must have frustrated you further as I also noticed your quick jab out with your fist towards the item hanging from your mirror. Too bad this action only resulted in the hanging item falling down and you slamming your fist onto the dashboard.

I can only imagine the dire circumstances that caused you to be in such a hurry to get home last night. As you provided me with an entire drive's worth of roadside entertainment, I felt bad that you were not receiving something of equal value to you in return.

By the way your car is beautiful. It was obviously brand new as you still had the yellow license paper stuck up in the window. It may be wrong of me to assume, but could you have needed to purchase a new vehicle after your driving heroics caused the demise of your old one? I hope not, as you definitely showed me how much you value your property as well as everyone else's around you through your close driving capabilities.

I will end this letter to you with another apology. To you I must apologize, not on my behalf, but on the behalf of the other 30 or so drivers that accompanied us home on Monday night. We collectively apologize that snowy and icy conditions can cause us to travel more cautiously. We also apologize that this cautiousness was not convenient to your schedule and that you were unable to change that for you.

Next time you are out, and are unable to navigate the roads in the quick manner that you crave, remember that more often than not, it is actions like yours on Monday night that will cause increased traffic congestion and in the end will cause your very apparent foul mood.

Good luck on all of your driving adventures in the future. Please do not take this personal, but I hope to never meet you on an icy/snowy road again, and I am pretty sure that the car in front of you would agree.

Best Regards,

Emily

P.S. Please let me know if you need a shop reference for your brake replacement, I can only imagine after such increased use as Monday night that they will need to be changed very soon.

1 comments to A Letter:

Kristen said...

you are funny :)

Post a Comment